Highlighted

Can The Clip be Selected, once the Timeline Pointer/Line is above that clip?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FutureTube5CF3_0-1601673050236.png

I don't know what exactly the blue thing is called but, example when it's on top of a clip, that clip should be selected on the properties, i saw this feature on Davinci, And I really liked it

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

That's the CTI (current time indicator) or playhead. Take your pic.

The option you want is "selection follows playhead" where Premeire auto-moves the selection as as soon as playback stops to the clip the playhead is "on". It's in the Sequence drop-down menu.

Neil

Edit: and as Ann so correctly points out (and I forgot to mention!) the track with the clips you want to be selected must be set with the blue track-target block to the left side of the timeline header control block. Not the far-left, but the 'inner' target block for track targeting.

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can The Clip be Selected, once the Timeline Pointer/Line is above that clip?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FutureTube5CF3_0-1601673050236.png

I don't know what exactly the blue thing is called but, example when it's on top of a clip, that clip should be selected on the properties, i saw this feature on Davinci, And I really liked it

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R Neil Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

The option you want is "selection follows playhead" where Premeire auto-moves the selection as as soon as playback stops to the clip the playhead is "on". It's in the Sequence drop-down menu.

Neil

Edit: and as Ann so correctly points out (and I forgot to mention!) the track with the clips you want to be selected must be set with the blue track-target block to the left side of the timeline header control block. Not the far-left, but the 'inner' target block for track targeting.

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Track needs to be targeted otherewise it wont work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1