• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we access the LAB color space in Premiere Pro?

Contributor ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search on Google and only found a way to access LAB through DeVinci, but not Premiere Pro. I thought I'd ask here just in case I missed something. 

Thanks,

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Not that I know of. You can in Photoshop, which actually works with some video media formats. But not in PrPro that I've ever found.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. You can in Photoshop, which actually works with some video media formats. But not in PrPro that I've ever found.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I wanted to confirm. I love LAB, it's my first stop in PS and wondered if we could use it in PP. I downloaded DaVince today just to give it a go. Worth it. 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only a few people I've ever noted have used LAB much in video. Stills, yes, but video, not so much.

I've known a lot of colorists who tried to use it for a while ... then gave up. Feeling they got more consistent/quicker/reliable results with other tools.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines