• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you export sidecar captions without exporting a video?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say if I want to edit existing captions in a sequence. Is there a way export the revised captions without exporting a new video with sidecar captions? I feel like I was able to do this a year ago, but maybe I'm mistaken. I'm on Premiere 2021 (15.0.0) now. Thank you.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can export any subtitles track as an SRT or text file from the three-dot menu on the upper right corner of the Text panel.

Captura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can export any subtitles track as an SRT or text file from the three-dot menu on the upper right corner of the Text panel.

Captura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks. I see it now when changing to the Captions view.

I just did a test and exported SRT. It did format it differently though from when I exported the SRT as a sidecar file with a video. It's putting the text in a black box, but maybe it's automatically saving with SRT styling. I wish it had that option to turn not do that, if that's the reason.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually nevermind what I said about the styling. It only has the black box text when checking that new SRT file in Premiere. But if I play it back with VLC, it doesn't have the black box text. It looks fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The sidecar export via the File -> Export -> Media has the checkbox for "include SRT Styling." So you can keep your file from including font etc tags. For some reason, using the export from the Text Panel/3 dots does not allow you to make that choice.

Some third player plays will have issues with the styled export.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines