• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot debug Premiere Pro 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Premiere Pro 2020 I can no longer debug my plugins on macOS. Xcode stops the session as soon as it's started. In 2019 everything works as expected.

Any particular reson behind that? Is there a way to fix it?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your plugins Pr 2020 ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by that?

It's an AE filter effect built using 2019 SDK and it works properly with Premiere Pro 2020, the issue happens only when trying to attach the debugger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can successfully build a plug-in, set breakpoints, run PPro, and the Attach to Process (from within XCode). 

Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to reliably repeat the failure you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying with Xcode 10.1 as well as the latest one 11.2.1 on macOS Catalina.

Error 1 is displayed when I either start from Xcode or try to attach to the running PPro processs.

Nothing really changed other than installing Premiere Pro 2020. Everything works just fine with 2019 version.

pp2020.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a way to fix this? I'm having the same issue on XCode 11.2.1 / MacOS 10.15.1

Could not attach to pid : “8591”

Domain: IDEDebugSessionErrorDomain

Code: 3

Failure Reason: Error 1

--

Error 1

--

Had SDK samples project built. Manually launched Premiere and chose attach to process. Initially tried with this same SDK sample with older version of XCode / MacOS / Premiere about three months ago. Then it worked nicely and a breakpoint was hit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this issue originally with Media Encoder 2020, but it was the same with Premiere 2020. Now tried with Media encoder 2019 and indeed, debubbing seems to wotk with 2019 versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. I'm still using 2019 versions for development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce, is there any update on this?

I still cannot debug plugins for Adobe programs on macOS version 2020 and up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retested, today. 
I can successfully debug the Resizer sample from the AE SDK, running in PPro and PPro Beta builds, by:

1. Open Resizer.xcodeproj in XCode 12.2

2. Build Resizer (which lands in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/OUT/Debug)
3. Set breakpoint in main()
4. Launch PPro 14.8 (or PPro Beta 14.9)

5. XCode --> Debug --> Attach to Process... [select the application]

6. From within PPro, apply Resizer to a video clip

Result: Yay, breakpoint hit! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is what I am getting int step (5):

Details

Could not attach to pid : “7359”

Failure Reason: attach failed (Not allowed to attach to process.  Look in the console messages (Console.app), near the debugserver entries when the attached failed.  The subsystem that denied the attach permission will likely have logged an informative message about why it was denied.)

User Info: {

DVTRadarComponentKey = 855031;

RawLLDBErrorMessage = "attach failed (Not allowed to attach to process.  Look in the console messages (Console.app), near the debugserver entries when the attached failed.  The subsystem that denied the attach permission will likely have logged an informative message about why it was denied.)";

}

--

System Information

macOS Version 11.1 (Build 20C69)

Xcode 12.3 (17715) (Build 12C33)

Timestamp: 2021-01-13T09:13:03+01:00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Console I have found this:

"macOSTaskPolicy: (com.apple.debugserver) may not get the taskport of (Adobe Photoshop ) (pid: 7359): (Adobe Photoshop ) is hardened, (Adobe Photoshop ) doesn't have get-task-allow, (com.apple.debugserver) is a declared debugger"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming: You're seeing that problem with Photoshop, not Premiere Pro, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing the problem with Exporter plug-ins, but not with Transmit plug-ins. 

With which API(s) are you seeing the failure? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on exporter and I haven't tried to debug any other types of plugins.  So, in other words, SDK_Exporter was the plugin that I had this issue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines