• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot drag Essential Graphics to Media or Timeline

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the an issue where I cannot drag anythig from the Essential Graphics panel to my projects. When I try to do this, I get the hand icon, but just below it is the circle with the line through it. 

I've reviewed some of the posts that seems to be addressing this issue and I've done the following fixes: 

- I trashed by my preferences and my plug-ins and I'm still receiving the same error when trying to use an overlay from the Essential Graphics panel.

- I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program from the adobe cloud

- I've moved all the motion graphics from my 14.0 to my 15.0 folder

I'm out of ideas at this point.

Can anyone give me any further suggestions on fixing this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

No, I've posted that many times, you can't start with an Essential graphic, you must have a sequence first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you dragging one of the templates from the Essential Graphics panel to the timeline? Also, just want to be sure that you are dragging the templates to the video track, as dragging the templates to the audio track will show that hand icon. If possible please share a screenshot or screen recording of the issue. It will help us to troubleshoot the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

Thank you for the reply.

I think I figured out a workaround - I had to create a sequence first (I imported a video) and now it will allow me drag the stock overlays and what not to my project. 

I'm sure, previously, I was able to drag those over FIRST, which would create the sequence for me. However, I can't be sure. 

Can you confirm I *must* create the sequence first or should I be able to drag these elements over straight away? If I can drag them over straight away, then I'll provide a screen shot or a video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've posted that many times, you can't start with an Essential graphic, you must have a sequence first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue but I'm still not being able to draw any essential graphic, the weird is that this only happens with purshased MOGRT, the native ones are working just fine and are letting me to draw them to the time line, any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines