• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Edit Caption Timing

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing and captioning a video, and apparently Premiere updated when I took a break from the project. As I'm learning the new process, I realized that I can no longer update the timing of my captions, which is frustrating me immensely. Is there a fix to this, or is this something I can no longer do and have to find another method?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the new help file for the major update of captions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

You can no longer adjust the caption timing in the Text Panel. There are requests to change this. I do not know if a feature request has been submitted.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

You adjust timing in the timeline. I do not see the methods described in the caption help link above, but most regular methods may work. You can use the trim tool, or for captions that are next to each other, the rolling edit tool. You can set the snap to CTI on or off. Timecode can be viewed in the Program Monitor as adjustments are made.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I voted for it and thanks for posting the link. I don't personally need it, but so many I know of are given a list of X caption to go at Y timecode. They really need that functionality back soon.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines