Highlighted

Cannot export feature film on Premiere or Media Composer, error: 9 code:5 ?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everyone. I'm less than a month out from the Sundance final deadline and I can't export the film I've been working on for 4 years.

Here's some quick background on the issue. I keep receiving Error: 9, Code: 5 on export. I've researched this and have found no solutions. There's a part in the film it says it's getting held up on (around timecode 1:09:26-1:09:27).

Playback works fine within my timeline. It's the export that won't work.

I've tried

1) Copying timeline to new sequence

2) Copying Timeline to new project

3) Removing effects the clip from that part of the timecode, denting the clip from the timeline, etc.

4) Sending to media composer, it still fails

5) Trying a variety of compression sizes (h.264, pro res, etc.)

Here's where it gets weird...

I'm able to export the film in two chunks as .mp4, however when I go to put them on a whole new timeline on my other computer, It still won't export entirely, and am getting a Error:9 Code: 4, this time.

I've been trying to resolve this for a month and am truly at a loss for words.

I'm more than happy to pay an expert at this point. Is there anyone out there who can help or consult with me about this?

I've occasionally had this issue myself, but for news packages that run tops 1:45/2min. I don't know what the issue is specifically but I just lazily call it a "corrupted frame" or frames. Probably not technically accurate, but the way it seems to work is any time that particular frame from the source is used, it fails to render or export.

I guess the first thing I've done to resolve it is determine what frame exactly is corrupted. I copy and paste the clip where the error resides at timecode and drop it onto a timeline (along with any sort of layers that reside on top of it (and render out). Sometimes you can tell where the error occurs specifically, but if not keep drilling down by blading until you have a good idea of what frame(s) are causing the issue.

Then, I tend to fix it by:

• Using another shot as a cutaway or something (obviously this might not be viable for a film). If I can't do that...
  • See if that range can be exported in a different codec/wrapper and lay it back in. If that doesn't work...
  • See if I can export the individual frame(s) in question as a PNG or BMP and then replace each frame with the standalone still. If that doesn't work...
  • Sacrifice the frame and do a frame hold with the previous or next frame.

Not sure if your issue is 1:1 as the ones I've encountered, but just wanted to share my workflow when it happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot export feature film on Premiere or Media Composer, error: 9 code:5 ?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everyone. I'm less than a month out from the Sundance final deadline and I can't export the film I've been working on for 4 years.

Here's some quick background on the issue. I keep receiving Error: 9, Code: 5 on export. I've researched this and have found no solutions. There's a part in the film it says it's getting held up on (around timecode 1:09:26-1:09:27).

Playback works fine within my timeline. It's the export that won't work.

I've tried

1) Copying timeline to new sequence

2) Copying Timeline to new project

3) Removing effects the clip from that part of the timecode, denting the clip from the timeline, etc.

4) Sending to media composer, it still fails

5) Trying a variety of compression sizes (h.264, pro res, etc.)

Here's where it gets weird...

I'm able to export the film in two chunks as .mp4, however when I go to put them on a whole new timeline on my other computer, It still won't export entirely, and am getting a Error:9 Code: 4, this time.

I've been trying to resolve this for a month and am truly at a loss for words.

I'm more than happy to pay an expert at this point. Is there anyone out there who can help or consult with me about this?

I've occasionally had this issue myself, but for news packages that run tops 1:45/2min. I don't know what the issue is specifically but I just lazily call it a "corrupted frame" or frames. Probably not technically accurate, but the way it seems to work is any time that particular frame from the source is used, it fails to render or export.

I guess the first thing I've done to resolve it is determine what frame exactly is corrupted. I copy and paste the clip where the error resides at timecode and drop it onto a timeline (along with any sort of layers that reside on top of it (and render out). Sometimes you can tell where the error occurs specifically, but if not keep drilling down by blading until you have a good idea of what frame(s) are causing the issue.

• Using another shot as a cutaway or something (obviously this might not be viable for a film). If I can't do that...
  • See if that range can be exported in a different codec/wrapper and lay it back in. If that doesn't work...
  • See if I can export the individual frame(s) in question as a PNG or BMP and then replace each frame with the standalone still. If that doesn't work...

Not sure if your issue is 1:1 as the ones I've encountered, but just wanted to share my workflow when it happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fix whatever is on the timeline at the given time in the error message.

Delete section from timeline and project. Import again and do the effects again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally deleted the entire clip from the film and tried some of the other tips on importing in a new project, nothing worked.

I cut the film into four new sections and tried exporting as a new single file, also didn't work.

I also tried exporting the 4 bounced sections into Final Cut and Da Vinci and all failed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting your Preview format to something very high quality, like Cineform.

Render that section of the timeline that keeps getting stuck.

If the render works, check the Use Previews box in the Export Settings dialog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 0
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the source? How many layers of video do you have at that timecode? Any effects, transitions, or audio stuff happening there?

You're running 13.1.4, yes? Can you download 12.1.2 and see if you get the same error with the two mp4s?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zero - I deleted the footage form that section. Still showing the error at that time code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<2) Copying Timeline to new project>>

If by this you mean copy and paste, you might have a different result if you IMPORT that timeline into a new project? Could give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing the timeline into an entirely new project. Same issue.

Additionally, I've tried exporting the 4 segments of the film into a single track and it continues to fail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 2