Highlighted

Cannot Find Layers, Cannot Access Layer Properties

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to draw some shapes to animate but cannot locate the layers tab to find the properties of these shapes. When I select the pen tool and draw anything it creates a new graphic in my timeline. 

How to I make the Shape Layer window appear as it does in this users tutorial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPNJxAC-WLk

My workspace:

kolus_1-1600115551981.png

Learn how to create growing line animations or arrows that follow whatever path you give them! This is a super quick tutorial to help you learn what you need...
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Graeme_Bull | Adobe Community Professional

First, you have to be using After Effects. Are you doing that? This is a Premiere forum. You won't see these things in Premiere.

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Find Layers, Cannot Access Layer Properties

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to draw some shapes to animate but cannot locate the layers tab to find the properties of these shapes. When I select the pen tool and draw anything it creates a new graphic in my timeline. 

How to I make the Shape Layer window appear as it does in this users tutorial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPNJxAC-WLk

My workspace:

kolus_1-1600115551981.png

Learn how to create growing line animations or arrows that follow whatever path you give them! This is a super quick tutorial to help you learn what you need...
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Graeme_Bull | Adobe Community Professional

First, you have to be using After Effects. Are you doing that? This is a Premiere forum. You won't see these things in Premiere.

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kolus,

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of your screen shot. you will see that is where you place the layers for drawing various shapes. Each time you click and drag, or create a new bit of text, it should make a layer you can control there below the layer stack. The tutorial is After Effects, but you can do lots of stuff in Premiere Pro now too. Please let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines