Highlighted

Cannot get past pop up when launching Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to launch Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 from the CC Desktop App but whenever I attempt to open I get a blank popup screen in front of the editor window and cannot go further. If I close the popup the program closes. It seems to me that the pop up wants me to enter some information or something but the window is blank so I have no idea what to do? Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm running Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on a Dell Latitude E6320 laptop. 

Editted to add, here are some of the things I have already tried:

• Restarting my computer
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Pro
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling CC Desktop App
  • Deleting all contents of the OOBE file
  • Starting Premiere Pro while holding Alt-Shift to reset preferences

I am still getting this weird pop up window that prevents me from opening the program. Any additional help is welcome, thanks!

spilzer_0-1589816942052.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot get past pop up when launching Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to launch Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 from the CC Desktop App but whenever I attempt to open I get a blank popup screen in front of the editor window and cannot go further. If I close the popup the program closes. It seems to me that the pop up wants me to enter some information or something but the window is blank so I have no idea what to do? Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm running Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 on a Dell Latitude E6320 laptop. 

Editted to add, here are some of the things I have already tried:

• Restarting my computer
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Pro
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling CC Desktop App
  • Deleting all contents of the OOBE file
  • Starting Premiere Pro while holding Alt-Shift to reset preferences

I am still getting this weird pop up window that prevents me from opening the program. Any additional help is welcome, thanks!

spilzer_0-1589816942052.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

Clicking anywhere but on the pop up window causes the pop up to blink as if it wants me to agree to something or enter information before continuing. I just wish I could see the contents of the pop up to know what I'm missing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That MAY be a video problem

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Looks like this might actually be a bigger issue since it's happening with other apps too, like Illustrator. I'm guessing it has something to do with my CC subscription so I think I need to go investigate down that route.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spilzer, sorry you are encountering so many problems accessing a Creative Cloud membership.  There is no membership assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.  What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?

Also is the computer and network you are using owned and maintained by you, or is it owned by the organization that you work for?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am also experiencing the same issue with the pop window in Premier Pro. Is there anything I can do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experincg the exact same thing, I pay for this product and its not working. =[

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gavin5FC7, I would recommend you start a new discussion if the suggestions in this public discussion do not help. The original poster has not responded to questions since May 19, 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be the beginning of the Log into Adobe screen. I get that regularly, about every other day. It's annoying because Adobe says we can go some time like months being off line. If I dont enter my account email and then next screen password, it closes the program. Can't get past it without. I don't work this way, but have you tried opening the Desktop App, and then Launch or Start whatever it says for PP. That way you'd be online first, maybe give it a shot...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0