• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot hear sound in playback

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have most current Premiere Pro. I can see the sound bars in the monitor and I can hear the sound when I play the exported video, but I cannot hear it in the monitor during playback. I've checked the audio hardware preferences and all seems fine. The track is not muted. Any suggestions as to what obvious tweak I am missing?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Set input to none and output to speakers.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please share your audio hardware preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-06-23 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the default input to none. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that did not work. I will try Carlos_Ziade's advice and update my sound device. Odd thing is that when I export the video and play it on my computer, I can hear the audio just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if what Richard advised does not work, try to update your sound device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard's advice did not work, unfortunately. I will try to update the sound device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a neat trick, Ann.

I had got into the habit of uploading a photo from computer (which also works) but simple drag/drop is even faster.

It definitely does not work properly when you attach a file though - as you say, this means we have to download images. This is plainly bonkers on the part of the forum coders however, as it used to work with attaching an image and inserting in line - just as it is with countless other forums, so I can understand the confusion some folks are having with this as I was one of them until recently too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set input to none and output to speakers.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HURRAY! That worked!! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That worked for me after weeks of searching for help.

Best

Niki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines