Highlighted

Cannot Import After Effects Project to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. 

I have a project in After Effects wherein i do a small map animation with photo. i was able to render and export a video out of it. 

I want to import it into Adobe Premiere Pro, so i tried File->Import, it shows the Import Files prompt, but it gets stuck there. i dont see any other window that shows what layers in After Effects that i can import. and its been like this for 20 minutes. 

Import files GEt Stuck.png

And if i try using File->Adobe Dynamic Link-> Import After Effects Composition,  the controls in the Project/Timeline pane in Premier Pro is disabled, nothing is clickable but i hear a windows sound. nothing happens. it gets stuck again, am i supposed to see another window?  I cant proceed so i have to press escape. 

I restarted my computer several times, i still have this issue. 

The only alternative right now is i render/export my after effects composition into a video, then import it into Premier. But what if i need to import After Effects directly, how can i do this? 

I read a similar post about this problem. but no matter how long i waited, i still cannot do the import. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-import-after-effects-composition-into-sequence-t...

I have purchased Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects on a monthly plan. 

Hoping for your help and support. 

Thank you very much. 

Rommel

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Import After Effects Project to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. 

I have a project in After Effects wherein i do a small map animation with photo. i was able to render and export a video out of it. 

I want to import it into Adobe Premiere Pro, so i tried File->Import, it shows the Import Files prompt, but it gets stuck there. i dont see any other window that shows what layers in After Effects that i can import. and its been like this for 20 minutes. 

Import files GEt Stuck.png

And if i try using File->Adobe Dynamic Link-> Import After Effects Composition,  the controls in the Project/Timeline pane in Premier Pro is disabled, nothing is clickable but i hear a windows sound. nothing happens. it gets stuck again, am i supposed to see another window?  I cant proceed so i have to press escape. 

I restarted my computer several times, i still have this issue. 

The only alternative right now is i render/export my after effects composition into a video, then import it into Premier. But what if i need to import After Effects directly, how can i do this? 

I read a similar post about this problem. but no matter how long i waited, i still cannot do the import. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-import-after-effects-composition-into-sequence-t...

I have purchased Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects on a monthly plan. 

Hoping for your help and support. 

Thank you very much. 

Rommel

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your versions the same between AE and Premiere?

You can try resetting prefs in Premiere or even reinstalling.

Also, I know it's not exactly going to scratch the itch of fixing this issue, but I just wanted to say that importing a video file in to Premiere that you exported out of AE is a perfectly viable option -- even at times recommended, and typically the way that I work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0