Highlighted

Cannot import WMV - Header error?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to import a wmv file which plays in VLC, WMP, & Media Viewer into Premire Pro. It also reads into VSDC albeit very slowly. I get an error that there is an error in the file header. I then tried converting the file to various formats in VLC and then get the error that the file contains no audio or video streams. The converted file plays fine in other media players.

The original file is quite old (from 2012) and I am trying to avoid reformatting in any way as I am worried about losing resolution on what is already a fairly low res file.

Checking back there seemed to be a problem back in 2010 but nothing since.

Can anyone help at all?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot import WMV - Header error?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to import a wmv file which plays in VLC, WMP, & Media Viewer into Premire Pro. It also reads into VSDC albeit very slowly. I get an error that there is an error in the file header. I then tried converting the file to various formats in VLC and then get the error that the file contains no audio or video streams. The converted file plays fine in other media players.

The original file is quite old (from 2012) and I am trying to avoid reformatting in any way as I am worried about losing resolution on what is already a fairly low res file.

Checking back there seemed to be a problem back in 2010 but nothing since.

Can anyone help at all?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a file will play in a player it does not mean it will play in a NLE.

An NLE is not the same as a media player.

Try Handbrake to convert.

HandBrake 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0