• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move clips in timeline [Premiere Pro 14.5]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is very strange, because I can resize, edit clips on timeline (which is on second screen), but I cannot move them. It seems like there is a bug in the newest version of Premiere Pro. I tried to rest to saved layout, but still moving clips is impossible. Please, help me. Screenshot 2020-10-21 215306.png

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly, I still cannot move clips. It's so strange, because I can resize them, edit, but I cannot move on timeline. When I move this timeline to my main screen it works. Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running into the same thing on my multi-display setup.  My keyboard shortcuts didn't work.  I couldn't move clips around.  Couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on.  Warm-booted, cold-booted, everything I could think of.  I reset PPro's preferences, and still had the problem.  

I just came across this thread, and sure enough, when I changed the workspace to fit on my main monitor, everything worked.  When I changed the workspace back to a multi-monitor setup, the bug was gone.  I could do everything I needed to do with the sequence timeline on the second monitor.  Go figure.  This is definitely a bug.  When I close down a project, though, and open another I have to go through the same steps.

Super frustrating.  PLEASE fix, Adobe!

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

16gb memory

Radeon Pro 460, 4 gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there are at least two of us experiencing this problem. And it's very very frustrating. ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new dual screen workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea, Ann.  I seem to remember this as a bug in After Effects a few years ago, and creating a new workspace did the trick.  Thanks for the suggestion--I'll give it a spin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kamil,

Sorry about this. May have something to do with a bug related to floating panels. Make sure all your panels are docked by using standard workspaces. Same problem or does it work now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin--

That's probably it.  We can't span a single workspace over two monitors, though, can we?  If we have multiple monitors, what's the best way to do this and work around this bug?  Any bug fix updates right around the corner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the other thread for a full description of the bug and a workaround:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/bug-with-floating-panels-in-14-5/m-p/11524378?page=1#M30...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, panels work perfectly when doced by using standard workspaces. There is only problem with floating panel on the other monitors. However, workaroud is to open one of the standard workspaces and then reset to saved layout. Anyway, bug should be fixed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're sorry about this poor experience. We are investigating a similar issue with undocked panels, which is getting resolved by docking the panels or using default workspace. Please refer to this article for more info on it. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, also, with dual screen custom layout. The timeline was completely unresponsive. Spent about an hour researching for the solution; this conversation is the only place with the solution. The fix: I went to a default one-screen editing layout, dragged a few video and audio files into the timeline, and everything worked. Then I went back to a custom two-screen layout and everything is still working.

I am typically a very laid back calm person, but I need to step away from the computer for a while and simmer down. The frustration caused by this bug and the inability to find a solution nearly caused me to have a full-on meltdown.

Thank you to all who contributed to this post. You have allowed me to once again be productive and helped me emotionally down from the cliff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to call tech support at 1 (800) 833-6687 and apprently my workspace settings were corrupted. They reset my settings and now it's working fine. Give them a call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having all kinds of workspace issues with 14.5.0. I deleted all my old workspaces, created a completely new one, and that seemed to solve the problem. That is until I closed Premiere and opened it the next day. All the same problems had returned. I'm going back a version until Adobe releases a bug fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is select "Reset to saved layout" (alt + shift +0) each time you restart Pr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Doing this doesn't change anything for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget that: close floating panels then "reset to saved layout" it works for me all the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines