• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot rename sequences in 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparenlty I can't rename sequences.  Clicking, right clicking and going to "rename."  Doesn't work allow me to rename a sequence.  

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Change your Editing Layout using one of the presets/layouts above, then try renaming.  This happens to me quite often where I notice not only can I no longer rename things, but certain commands stop working, like "reveal in project panel", etc.  Once I switch to a different layout, it sort of resets things, I can rename, then go back to the other layout and I can once again rename things just like before.  All that to say, switch to a different layout or 2, then go back to your layout and try ag

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this problem on my Mac. Have you tried trashing your preferences?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/... 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It apparently happens on some projects but not all projects.  No idea.  Both projects were upgraded.  Additionally, Media Encoder has been crashing on export and Premiere Exporting is taking 3X as long. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your Editing Layout using one of the presets/layouts above, then try renaming.  This happens to me quite often where I notice not only can I no longer rename things, but certain commands stop working, like "reveal in project panel", etc.  Once I switch to a different layout, it sort of resets things, I can rename, then go back to the other layout and I can once again rename things just like before.  All that to say, switch to a different layout or 2, then go back to your layout and try again.Adobe_Premiere_Pro_QKHRaKvPCF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me. Was having the same issue. Hopefully they fix this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! You solved this renaming issue for me too. Amazing -- second Google result leads to a current and useful solution, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, that also worked for me. I just upgraded hoping it'd solve the issue in the previous version of Premiere only to have it happen again in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Had this same problem, and the fix worked. Only issue is the name still doesn't update in the sequence panel unless I close the panel and reopen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem and workarund is still confirmed after the latest update. It's a bug, Adobe please fix it.

It happened when I started to work on a project provided by a colleague. Right click and rename does nothing in the project panel. After changeing the workspace to something else, then back to the workspace provided in the file, the rename did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to rename in the Project panel or say in a Timeline panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project panel. I havne't gone back into that particular project in order to trouble shoot this issue any further.  It was simply odd that it was happening on one project but not another.  Appeared to be a bug - and the reponse higher up the thread suggesting changing/toggling layouts might be a work around.  I'll have to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to a different Workspace and the selecting "Reset to Saved Layout" fixed it for me.

Looks like some kind of problem created by the recent update when opening an existing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why when upgrading the Premiere version, it's recommended to dump all cache/media-cache files before working in the new version. It seems to avoid some of these issues better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't Adobe stop making buggie software???? I'm sick of solving problems, loosing lot of time searching in forums instead of working. Who will pay me the hours I spend solving issues? Going to Davinci Resolve in the next project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 Year old bug and typical crickets from Adobe.  Thank you to users that posted and said to change the layout, that worked.  The minute I find an alternative to Adobe Premiere, I'm gone, so tired of spending more time waiting and workarounds.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 for chadgwild's solution of changing your editing layout.  I'm on PC running windows 10 and that just worked for me.  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines