Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot render in premiere pro

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I can never get to the end of a render task in premiere pro 2020.  I feel like I have tried everything.

Currently working on a 22minute yoga video with just 2 effects on it.

Rendering starts but estimates render time from anything between an hour and a half - 5hrs!

I will always get an error message.

Now I believe my hp elitebook 740, with Intel Core i5 4210U CPU just cannot handle it.  

Over the last month I have lost GPU accelerator options both on PP and on my hardware (although maybe I never had it on the hardware?). I have updated windows and intel.

In early January I made a 30min video with many clips and effects.  PP2019 did manage to render it, but could never export it.
All these terms are new to me as I'm trying to figure it all out.
Can ANYONE HELP ME! ~ Pleeeeeaaase!
Thank you so much

Katie

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Sorry, but no system with that CPU is ever suitable for video editing at all. A few months ago I tested a Dynabook (formerly Toshiba) Satellite laptop with that CPU and only integrated Intel graphics, and expanded to its maximum of 16 GB of RAM. I used an external USB 3.2 Gen 1x1 SSD for the test. It was running Premiere Pro 14.4 during the testing.

PugetBench 0.92 (since superceded by version 0.95) returned a result of an extremely abysmal 5 using the Standard preset. (For comparison, a current

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Pro forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I can´t render a simple video. It always give me an error, I have been using premiere since 2015. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but no system with that CPU is ever suitable for video editing at all. A few months ago I tested a Dynabook (formerly Toshiba) Satellite laptop with that CPU and only integrated Intel graphics, and expanded to its maximum of 16 GB of RAM. I used an external USB 3.2 Gen 1x1 SSD for the test. It was running Premiere Pro 14.4 during the testing.

PugetBench 0.92 (since superceded by version 0.95) returned a result of an extremely abysmal 5 using the Standard preset. (For comparison, a current-gen 8-core/16-thread CPU with a decent current-gen Nvidia discrete GPU scored well over 700 in this same test.) Premiere Pro defaulted to the software-only MPE renderer every time it was launched. And because of the software-only mode, both the live playback score and the GPU score were goofy (in the negative range).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Katie5FE3  You can run Premiere only in a limited way - for low resolution clips only, and some effects may not work properly or at all because of lacking resources. To make it work somewhat better you can try to roll back to previous major version (CC 2019/2018 etc) As to export errors, make sure you have enough space for cache and export files. Also, nootebooks tend to overheat, esp after they collect dust inside, which could cause errors/crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the thread originator is running out of time. Version 15.0 is due to be released very shortly, after which the poster can no longer obtain anything older than the current 14.9 version. And this is all due to Adobe's version availability policy that went into effect in May 2019, which now restricts availability to the two most recent major versions of all of the Creative Cloud programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that 2019 will be avail via direct links, but not via CC. Just as now v2018 can be downloaded directly from adobe servers, here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

I dunno if there are any lisensing limitations though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI @Katie5FE3,

Sorry about the frustration. Are you editing in HD or 4K? Have you tried editing with proxies? Your system also is looking like it is not meeting system requirements. Check here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

It may be time for a newer computer, to be honest.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines