Cannot see clip properties in Effect Controls until clip is deselected and then re-selected

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: I select a clip on my timeline, click the Effect Controls tab on a different monitor to change the clips effect properties, and I cannot see any of the clips properties until I click on a different clip to de-select the clip and the click to re-select the target clip. 

I'm using version Premiere Pro 14 on Dec 4, 2020. I have 4 monitors. I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit with 160 GB RAM.

How can I see the properties of a clip in my Effects Controls without having to de-select the clip and re-select the clip?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot see clip properties in Effect Controls until clip is deselected and then re-selected

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: I select a clip on my timeline, click the Effect Controls tab on a different monitor to change the clips effect properties, and I cannot see any of the clips properties until I click on a different clip to de-select the clip and the click to re-select the target clip. 

I'm using version Premiere Pro 14 on Dec 4, 2020. I have 4 monitors. I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit with 160 GB RAM.

How can I see the properties of a clip in my Effects Controls without having to de-select the clip and re-select the clip?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Premiere build (there are 12 different builds of version 14)

Most likely a multi monitor issue.

Set effect controls on main monitor and see if it still gives issues.

Resetting workspace might also help (just guessing here).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guesses. I should add that this has been happening for some time over multiple builds. Also, searching here, I found someone complaining of this issue back in 2016, so I doubt it is a recent issue.

Re:

Please post Premiere build - It is build 38.

Set effect controls on main monitor and see if it still gives issues. - No different.

Resetting workspace might also help (just guessing here). - no help.

-------One more thing that might be true. It seems to happen when I move from working with the source monitor, make a selection on my timeline, and then when I click Effect controls. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0