Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon C300 Mk II .MXF Files Color Banding on Import

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've encountered an issue and haven't yet been able to find a way around it. When importing .mxf footage from a Canon C300 Mk II, there is immediately color banding that appears, and no matter what export codec I use it then appears in the outputted file. 

I have a fully edited sequence that is being sent to grade (I normally send a flattened Quicktime at maximum depth to the colorist) but he is seeing this banding appear on these shots in the file. But when he imports the original media file (.mxf from the camera) straight into Da Vinci Resolve, there is no issues with banding. 

This signals to me that the issue is occuring through Premiere as soon as the file is imported. I have also tried transcoding the original media to quicktime before importing and the same issue occurs. 

Currently working on Premiere 14.9 - seeing as the latest update has its own issues with the blue skin glitch. 

Any help appreciated! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi joshy58471614,

We're sorry about the poor experience. The red/blue tint issue with the C300 II mxf files has been fixed in the latest version of Premiere Pro (v15.2). You may download the latest version of Premiere Pro from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi joshy58471614,

We're sorry about the poor experience. The red/blue tint issue with the C300 II mxf files has been fixed in the latest version of Premiere Pro (v15.2). You may download the latest version of Premiere Pro from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines