Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon C300 proxy and Atomos Shogun RAW Workflow

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've filmed my shooting with a Canon C300MkII, and recorded it into a Atomos Shogun.

Canon had generated a MXF proxy files into a SD card, at the same time the Atomos in other card into a MOV container (RAW).

Will I be anble to edit (Premiere Pro) my footage with the proxy files generated from the Canon, and after that reconnect the Atomos RAW files?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can if the proxy files have the same name as the original.

You can also test with a few files but I would go for proxies generated by Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have this same issue, and was hoping for clarification. In my case the canon files are named for example, C0001.MP4 and the corresponding raw recorded on the atomos is named NINJAV_S001_S001_T001.MOV. So they obviously don't have the same naming convention.

Does anyone have advice on the best way to proceed? the ideal goal would be to remove the raw from the working drive as it's taking up too much space. And edit with the canon files and perhaps have Premiere make proxy files from those. But I want to ensure smooth linking to the raw for the online edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines