Highlighted

Canon R5 Choppy Playback

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with Canon R5 playback in Premiere Pro. Playback is smooth for the first few seconds and then it lags for a bit before freezing up, while still playing the audio from the clip. Lag happens even when playback is 1/16th resolution. The play/pause button is even delayed when pressed. I've had no issues with 4k footage from my 1DX Mark ii, or DJI Mavik Pro 2. I've had this same issue while playing back footage on my PC as well as my laptop, both using SSD's (specs below).

Proxies work of course, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having slowdowns while editing without proxies with R5 footage.

PC specs:

Windows 10 64bit

Asus RTX 2080ti

64GB DDR4 Ram

Intel i9-9900K Eight-Core

Laptop specs:

Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition

Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000

32GB DDR4 Ram

Intel i7-10875H Eight-Core

Thank you for any help!

Topics

Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canon R5 Choppy Playback

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with Canon R5 playback in Premiere Pro. Playback is smooth for the first few seconds and then it lags for a bit before freezing up, while still playing the audio from the clip. Lag happens even when playback is 1/16th resolution. The play/pause button is even delayed when pressed. I've had no issues with 4k footage from my 1DX Mark ii, or DJI Mavik Pro 2. I've had this same issue while playing back footage on my PC as well as my laptop, both using SSD's (specs below).

Proxies work of course, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having slowdowns while editing without proxies with R5 footage.

PC specs:

Windows 10 64bit

Asus RTX 2080ti

64GB DDR4 Ram

Intel i9-9900K Eight-Core

Laptop specs:

Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition

Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000

32GB DDR4 Ram

Intel i7-10875H Eight-Core

Thank you for any help!

Topics

Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?