Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon VIXIA HF G20

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon VIXIA HF G20

I have a Canon VIXIA HF G20. I use the software that came with the camera to import 

the video's and store them..

I was backing up the video's to another hard drive and all the date's created was changed

to today's date. This made all the video's only show up in the year 2020. All the other

year's where blank. How can I add metadata to the video's like you can with music files.

I want to be able to have the date, time, place, etc. added to the video's.

I all so need a better program for Organizing the video's. Is there a program that will 

import them and keep a database of all the clips by year. Just like the one that came 

the camera but with more features. I have Vegas video and Adobe Premiere Pro.

Is there a AVCHD video clip organizers that is not to expensive.

I'm looking for some thing that will work on window's 7 or 10 64 bit.

Thanks for your time 

Mr Golf

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid this is a community directed to solving problems with Adobe Premiere Pro.

As far as I know, there no such thing as a database program for Video, much like Lightroom is for Photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replys. In a way it does have to do with Premiere Pro if you dont have your clips medadata

named and lay out by date or loction, etc. the clips are what is the start of all Premiere Pro projects.I will looked

into Bridge to see if it would work. There has to be some sort of lightroom program out there that will work.

Im shocked that Adobe has not got some thing that will work well with Premiere Pro.

Thanks again for your replys

MrGolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(preface that I'm very new to video...but I have observed the following)

Bridge is great in that you can see actual 'time created' whether .mts, .mov etc.

In the past I used to do a lot of photography and Bridge is great for its metadata, batch renaming, keywords etc.

I'm using it now to sort video so that I can easily combine clips shot simultaneously from multiple cameras and use the rating system with thumbnails, and then I separate into different folders based on the segments shot.

So I'm importing into folders named for camera type for initial download to computer from camera, then I view in Bridge to separate by time and add to newly named folder based on shot order/shot segment name, etc.

But for one of my video cameras, I'm shooting AVCHD (.mts format)

That format appears to be incompatible with adding metadata(XMP) in Bridge, so for this camera, in that mode, I can't add keywords, etc. 

However if I shoot in a .mp4 format I believe I would be able to.  So you might change your shooting mode or 

upon export from Premiere Pro, output to a compatible file type so you could add metadata to clips before doing final editing (but that seems like extra work). But besides that I'm not sure how you'd use metadata with .mts format

(but again, I'm relatively new to shooting video)

These file formats work with Bridge, but I don't know if you can add metadata to them. 

You'll have to try it...

https://community.bridgeapp.com/docs/DOC-3948

and this below seems to be exactly what you're referring to.. maybe someone has newer info- But Kyno and Neofinder

is mentioned for metadata..

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/working-with-metadata-for-mts-files-in-bridge/td-p/9508740?pag...

https://lesspain.software/kyno/

(edit.. actually I just tried this- and it integrates with Premiere Pro and others. It's a nicer, friendlier version of 

Bridge, and you can send clips etc directly to PP bins from inside Kyno as well as 'convert' to a plethora of 

other file formats, video, audio, codecs etc! Thrilled to have found it! : D

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The program that I use is Video Browser that came with the camera, It takes the video’s
takes them from the SD card on to your computer into folders by date taken.
After copying and pasting the video onto another hard drive all the videos then shows
up under the newsiest date. If done today all the video’s will then have Aug 2020 as the date.
all 500 gigs of video’s will be affected. I lose all the dates

I tried using Microsoft Richcopy and it keeps the date stamp the same as original created.
Its ok for short term but its no good for long term. I need a database program for clips.

I will take a look Adobe Bridge. Thank you for you input

Thanks again for your time.

Mr Golf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines