Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant create proxies for 4k footage - Mac

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help

I select the footage I want to make into a proxy, right click to create a proxy, select QuickTime and lowers, it opens up media encoder but then nothing happens, nothing in the queue and no proxy files.

What am I doing wrong? I've followed videos and people make it seem so easy. Do I need to create a proxy folder?

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and if Ann's suggestion doesn't work, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties (in particular codec, frame rate, and audio track configuration).   You might try just taking your source files and bringing them directly into media encoder and transcode them to the desired proxy format and then manually attaching them using the attach proxy format in premiere.  Certainly worth a test to see if there's something wrong with your transcode format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines