• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant import .mp3 file into premiere

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to import an audio file that is .mp3, but whenever i try to do it an error shows up saying "there was an error decompressing audio or visual." i have a screenshot

Screenshot (14).png.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Hi Ghoulnotokyo,

• Try clearing the Media cache FAQ: How to clean media cache files? & then importing the mp3 files.
  • If the issue persists, use Adobe Media Encoder or Audition for conversion to .wav or .aif.
  • You can also rename the .mp3 file extension to .wav, which has worked for others.

Let us know what worked for you.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Just go and change the file format from mp3 to .wav

Dude just rename it. That works.

Paying regards..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ghoulnotokyo,

I understand the issue.

1. Is it happening with all .mp3 files?

2. Have you tried to convert the .mp3 file into wav & try import?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

Yes this is happening with all .mp3 files. ive tried converting the file into wave using the adobe encoder, but the encoder has the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ghoulnotokyo,

• Try clearing the Media cache FAQ: How to clean media cache files? & then importing the mp3 files.
  • If the issue persists, use Adobe Media Encoder or Audition for conversion to .wav or .aif.
  • You can also rename the .mp3 file extension to .wav, which has worked for others.

Let us know what worked for you.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it is not happening with all .mp3 files, only 2 of my music, and I still got 10 music (.mp3) that I can play, I'm a small YouTuber and I want to use different music, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya, I'm having the same problem as him, but I'm on Windows and can't find a way to clear out my cache files. Is there a new video for Windows? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nik103, the linked video works for windows too! Scroll down and you'll see the folder location in windows. I did those steps but still no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem, all i needed to do was change the file type from mp3, to for examplke and m4a file. Here is a tutorial on how to without any software, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMfpG5l21E

http://www.facebook.com/Boudreau2010youtube hello, in this video i will show you how to change your audio files to .mp3 files without any software 1) go to the folder with the audio you want switched 2) click on organize in the top left corner of the window then go to folder and search options 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... It worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey it works thanks a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this worked for me.

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys, I also went thru the same issue. I figured out that premeire pro was only taking .wav files (in my case) and I could not import .mp3 files at all. So all I had to do was rename my .mp3 files to .wav and kaaboom! It worked, it was on my timeline! Trying to clear media cache did not help at all. I hope thScreenshot (247).pngScreenshot (249).pngis works out for you all! 

Rename the extension.

Yesss!

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure it will be helpful for many users.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots. This is an issue we are trying to solve right now. Is it possible to share any of these .mp3 files with us by attaching one or two. Where did you acquire these .mp3 files? Did you download them? If so, from where?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro this was extremely helpful thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Literally all you have to do is change the mp3 file name at the end to wav and reimort it and it will work. I tried it on a mac, and it worked perfectly.

Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is working thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just convert to wav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

We have some engineers that are trying to improve the behavior of .MP3 files in Premiere and other Adobe apps. If you could share the .MP3 file that's giving you trouble, it would be a huge help towards us fixing the problem for good!

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we share it? I have a paid project due and I can't upload any Mp3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amos,

Sorry about that. You can share a file with us via Creative Cloud or any other popular sharing apps, like Dropbox. Basically, you upload a file to these services and provide us a link. You can send me a link via private message here on the forums. Thanks so much!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I had the same issue. Then I encountered this vid https://youtu.be/RO9dwSYwVhU

Super simple just change the .mp3 to something else like .m4a and you're set. It works for me

Today I show you how to fix an annoying error in adobe premiere pro. I got this error while using footage from OBS but if you recorded using something else, this may solve your issue too. Thank you for watching! Make sure to leave a like and subscribe ~ Main Channel:https://youtube.com/00CDude00 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthew,

Can you please verify the source of the .mp3 file? We are trying to track down the source of this mysterious issue. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go and change the file format from mp3 to .wav

Dude just rename it. That works.

Paying regards..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines