• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant open media encoder. what version of premiere does it need?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe premiere 13.1.5 installed,

Screenshot_20210317202315.png

Screenshot_20210317201104.png

I`m trying to INGEST, however it reads media encoder needs to be installed,

Screenshot_20210317202210.png

but it is installed, and updated. 

version 15. I tested it prior to deleting two older versions, of media encoder. But now I cannot open it.

Please note I have adobe 13.1.5 because any version higher than this requires DCH drivers which I cannot put on my PC because its a flatscreen sealed at the back and I cannot afford new hardware at this time.

when I try and open media encoder, even with right click run as administrator, the blue circle starts spinning, but nothing happens. 

Screenshot_20210317202440.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Unfortunately AME 3.1.5 is no longer available.

Might want to try Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bluefire777 ,

You might have an incomplete or damaged installation.

Uninstall Media Encoder from the CC App, and reinstall it. That should hopefully repair any install issues.

Good luck

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | MSD |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohammed! I restarted and it opened, should have tried that first >.< , anyway, just complicated with all these versions stacking up on my pc, think I have it all sorted now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I spoke too soon, I was able to create a proxy preset in media encoder 15 (build 37). 

And create an INGEST preset from that.

Screenshot_20210317212731.png

However when I select my files in premiere and right click make proxies, the same error message appears..

"adobe media encoder is not installed". 

Guess i`ll be uninstalling after all..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bluefire777 ,

If you getting the error in Premiere, it might be that the two apps are not in sync. Make sure you have the same versions of both apps installed or you're bound to run into compatibility issues.

Good luck

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | MSD |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled media encoder 15 and installed media encoder 14.9, and restarted the computer.

I dont have access to any other M.E products.

I`m using Premiere Pro 13.1.5 and I get the same error message

Screenshot_20210317202210.png

I cant install any premiere product above this one, this is premiere 2019 (13.1.5) because I dont have DCH drivers on my computer which require a graphics card upgrade, I cant do that at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone at adobe help on this?? 

I need to edit my footage.

Media encoder 15 and 14.9 are not working with premiere 19 (13.1.5) and I cannot install version 20 or 21.

It`s not compatable with my graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately AME 3.1.5 is no longer available.

Might want to try Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should never have uninstalled it when I had it...

Honestly Adobe should have a pop up warning CC clients prior to uninstalling media encoder.

"This version is required for Premiere 19, if you are using Prem19(version 13.1.5)you will need this version of media encoder"...

(or dependencies amongst any software).

I contacted Support via chat, the adobe agent was able to remote access my computer and help me install version 14.0 (legacy version) of both media encoder and adobe premiere. 

I still get the graphics card warning thats ok because media encoder now works with premiere and proxies are working.

Thanks Ann for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On installing updates Adobe does ask if you want to keep older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, I didn`t get that message, I think because my settings in the CC app (below) are set not to uninstall previous versions so it just leaves them.

Problem for me was I went and uninstalled the older media encoder before I even installed the new one (ouch). Not realizing that the CC app only stores 2 installers, latest and previous versions, lucky the adobe support was able to send me the legacy download link , good on them!. 

I`ve also since turned off auto update as I cant use a lot of the latest stuff until I get a new graphics card.

Thanks for the insight and support Ann!

Screenshot_20210322223331.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines