• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption background not exporting with set transparency (PR 2021 v 15.2)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss. I am exporting a video with burned-in captions but the background opacity won't change! I had the background set at 65% but after the first export realized it was too hard to read against the video. So, I went back into premiere and changed the opacity to 85%. I can see the difference in premiere and even in the export preview BUT when I export the video and watch it the background still looks like the opacity is set to 65%! 

I've tried closing premiere and opening the project again; uninstalling premiere and then reinstalling it; exporting with Media encoder, exporting through PR; updating PR; changing the opacity of each caption separately; changing the opacity of the captions at the same time; at this point, I'm getting ready to do a hard reboot to see if that helps.

Does anyone know why this might be happening other than there being a bug? 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

UPDATE:

I tried unchecking "Composite in Linear Color" in the Sequence Settings and that worked. I'm still not quite sure why this problem started happening but at least the workaround has been discovered?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason, exporting the captions with the background being at 100% works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I tried unchecking "Composite in Linear Color" in the Sequence Settings and that worked. I'm still not quite sure why this problem started happening but at least the workaround has been discovered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I had exactly the same problem- your fix worked for me too, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines