• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption Bugs?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing weird bugs when using SRT files for captioning videos. (I use trint to auto transcribe). I am running the 14.3 version of premiere, and these are almost always team project files.

1: Captions play out of sync to what has been edited. (I often have to re adjust the timing of each block of caption, after I make all of my adjustments sometimes they play/switch too early, disapear from screen to early, or blink in and out at random times. It doesn't seem to be a playback issue.)

2: Dragging the individual caption blocks to increase/decrease duration bugs out like crazy. Sometimes I will click to drag on one of the sides of the clips and it will instantly disapear from the timeline but still appear in the caption editing window. Occasionally premiere won't let me edit the duration and will automatically essentially ripple delete even if the spacing is more than a couple seconds. 

3: Random segments of captions won't appear. Just straight up not visable. 

These examples are just the basic troubles I have found but within those bugs it won't allow me to do a lot of operations normally. Has anyone else had this issue? The only way I can ever get it to start working properlly is if I move on and come back to the project another day lol. These are very finniky problems and it seems like it'll just randomly break and fix itself. I really can't find anything saying how to fix or work around these issues. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I agree Premiere's Captions are not the most stable part of the application, I must say that if you setup your caption import template correctly before hand and your import proper .srt files as source, all works well for me. I often edit the captions in the source file (in a text editor) and reimport, rather then doing a lot of editing inside Pr. This video explains the import settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rU_nSIGuA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines