• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption export problem in 15.0

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a workflow of using CLOSED CAPTIONS from a finished show that I am doing promos for as a transcript by putting the whole imported cc'd show on a timeline with matching timecode to the source and then exporting a caption file and then pasting that into a document as text and use that for highlighting soundbites for my promos for the show. In 15.0 when I do this the file is exporting with different timecode than the timeline. It seems to be exporting absolute time instead of the sequence timecode.. so for example My show starts at 1 hour but the captions start a bit in after the cold open. My sequence starts at 58;30;00 for bars etc so the show starts about a minute 30 into the sequence.. when I export, the file timecodes match that instead.. any ideas what I am doing wrong? I didnt have this issue in 14.9

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are a screenshot of the timline and text window . you can see the timecode is 1 hour and apx 17 seconds but if you look at the exported srt file its 1 minute and 44 seconds.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just fyi, if you export it as a file with a sidecar file, it is correct, so you can't correctly export just the srt from the text window correctly, but I don't want to have to export an audio file or video file just to be able to export a cc file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines