• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption in Adobe Premiere is very buggy, crashes, also can't cut and paste

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use the new caption feature in Adobe Premiere.  I have my feature film with all of its dialogue in a spreadsheet so I can cut and paste at the proper time code for closed captioning and also to do subtitles in different languages.

My latest problem which has just occurred is that I cannot copy and paste from my spreadsheet into the caption feature. I've done about 300+ to date and just now, it will not take the paste.  I see the text pop up for a split second and then it goes away.  I've closed the app and reopened and it will not take. I also tried typing directly into the box and that won't take.  Happy to shoot a video and share it with you to show you what's happening. In essence, I can't even use the caption feature at all.  This is an open caption and the other captions have rendered fine.

Also, it crashes all the time so I'm saving all the time.  The main problem is if I try to do two things without saving in between.  When I adjust the in caption time so that it is accurate, for example at time code 00:03:14:21, I'll simply type in 31421 and it'll convert like normal.  However, if I try and paste in the dialogue, the entire app crashes and I have to recover.

I'm using Windows 10 and this is the only feature in Adobe Premiere CC 2017.1.1 11.1.15(Build).that continue blows the application up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

I was able to figure it out - it wasn't that intuitive.

First off, not being able to cut and paste was the result of the font somehow changing from Arial to AR Berekley - which is the first font.  Captioning doesn't like that font at tall and that's why it wouldn't take. You should probably only use fonts that Premiere likes but I suspect your pulling the fonts from a common Adobe list.

Since I upgraded to the lastest version of Premiere 11.1.2 (22), the crashing problem has gone away for now.  Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi filmpantera,

Sorry to hear about your issues!

If you can post a video demonstrating the issue, that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to figure it out - it wasn't that intuitive.

First off, not being able to cut and paste was the result of the font somehow changing from Arial to AR Berekley - which is the first font.  Captioning doesn't like that font at tall and that's why it wouldn't take. You should probably only use fonts that Premiere likes but I suspect your pulling the fonts from a common Adobe list.

Since I upgraded to the lastest version of Premiere 11.1.2 (22), the crashing problem has gone away for now.  The issue before was pasting something into the caption box and also adjusting the time code. When I did both actions, it would crash so I would have to save between each step. The caption app seems to be working fine now. If it starts to crash again, I will video and post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.

Much appreciated!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post from 2017. I have the latest version of premiere (14.13) and the crash issue happening adjusting the timecode when I add captions is still there (both on my mac and windows). Is there a way to work this issue around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not been able to replicate this. Can you  get the problem everytime? Or just sometimes? Can you describe steps that are most likely to get the crash?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines