Caption Issues in Premiere 15

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple if issues/questions with the new Captions tool in Premiere 15.

When I have the lowest alignment center slected the Y-position biox doesn't lower text. I want the text to be below Picture Safety in Subtitle mode. How can I accomplish this important need?

Is there a way to put a video track on top of the Caption layer? My client wants transitions on top of the captions.

Do the STYLES also include tet position? If not, can I copy text position to other captions in the caption layer?

Is there a way to not see the running text in the text tool during playback? It seems to cheew up RAM and slow things down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the new caption workflow. Note that staff are actively working on this, so please provide feedback, file feature request and bugs, and upvote ones that are affecting you.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

> When I have the lowest alignment center slected the Y-position biox doesn't lower text. I want the text to be below Picture Safety in Subtitle mode. How can I accomplish this important need?

That is as low as it gets. It appears to me that it is a little more lenient than the previous captions. But the Caption Track is no longer a video track, and you CAN NOT apply Effect Controls to it. There are or will be requests to change this. 

> Is there a way to put a video track on top of the Caption layer? My client wants transitions on top of the captions.

No. 

> Do the STYLES also include text position? If not, can I copy text position to other captions in the caption layer?

I think the answer is yes. Test it. But remember that a Style is a Track Style. All the captions in the track get the same treatment.

You can select all captions (or multiple captions) in the Text Panel or Timeline, and apply the same position to them.

> Is there a way to not see the running text in the text tool during playback? It seems to cheew up RAM and slow things down.

I have not experienced a slow down, but I am not doing longer form work. I assume you are referring to the Text Panel. You can click on another panel so the Text Panel does not show or close it. Let us know if this appears to make a difference. A slow down like that is a problem.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines