Exit

caption

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

Im having issues with the captions.

Although im placing one layer, still have some captions that are lower than the other before or after. Meaning inconsistency. Anyone knows what to do?

Thanks!! 

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 2.00.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 2.00.29 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is odd: I have one theory as to how this might happen. See below.

FYI, for anyone following along, this is PR 2020 or before with the "old" caption workflow. PR 2021 introduced a new method. There may be other issues, so I am not recommending that you change.

Note that in your second screenshot, even though you show a different caption in the Program Monitor that is lower on the screen, you have the save caption selected and showing in the Caption Panel. So we are not seeing the caption settings for that caption. But I can't see that it matters!

The "lower" caption is at the very bottom of the frame. It is not possible to get a caption that low without applying the Effect Controls position to move the whole track down. Then to get the captions that show higher up,  you can add a "return" at the end of the caption text. When I do this, because I have a background box, I can see there is an extra line. If I don't have a background box (as you do not), then I don't see that there is an extra line.

To test that theory, edit one of the captions that is higher, and see if you can delete an extra line.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines