Captions Adobe Premiere Pro 2021

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have updated my software to Premiere Pro 2021 overnight. I have logged in and found that the captions on my project have been completely changed around. I can't add any new captions, the placement is all over the place which I have tried to adjust to no avail and it is now in the wrong order. Do I just have to start again or is there a way around this? 

What is the reason behind doing this? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also no option to add new captions in a new sequence??? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have upgraded to 15.0, the entire captions workflow has changed. There is a new Captions "workspace." The Captions Panel is now the Text Panel. And more....

Start with the new reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

The new captions will be much better, and generally, an old project should convert the captions better than yours have. So consider rolling back to the previous version. If your settings kept the previous version installed, just go back to there and open your project from before the conversion. 

Regarding the update, make sure you don't have autoupdate set. Look in the Creative Cloud Desktop, under Preferences, the Apps tab. Have Auto-Update off. When you do update, make sure you do NOT uninstall the previous version.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines