• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions disappear in Premier after extending

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a project that I've been captioning and had zero problems with thus far. I am using Open Captions. Halfway through the project I added a new caption and when I went to resize it, it simply disappeared. I tried it multiple times, zooming in to make sure I was grabbing the handles, and then the same thing happened. I've of course restarted the application and my computer, and the captioning seems to work on other projects. I didn't change any settings at any point, and I'm able to resize captions in the earlier portion of the video as normal. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have reported this. I don't know if a bug has been filed. There are (probably unrelated) issues with captions "disappearing," and that leads to confusion.

See my response here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-caption-frame-disappears/m-p/11032169#M261652

Send me a PM if you can share the project file.

I summarize the primary workaround in my post here (adjust the individual captions in the caption panel, not the timeline.😞

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-captions-are-disappearing-when-i-adjust-their-lengt...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello guys I think i may HAVE A SOLUTION, just create a new item - caption and then star over and left the other at that point

It worked for me, i just hope you can find this.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines