Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions falsely pulls the text from another caption atuomatically

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

i'm using Adobe Premier Pro and experience a problem i couldn't solve until now.

I got the .prproj-file and need to adjust the text of some captions within it.

But every time i adjust the text of one caption, this same text will be put to some of the other subtitles automatically. Somehow there must be a rule or they are somehow otherwise connected? I tried to find the solution to this but cannot find the solution to this.

The subtitles all have grey or yellow labels "fx", maybe to do with these?

Any idea is more than welcome!

Many thanks in advance,

Jens

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue I have experienced previously when captions streams are duplicated. This can be difficult to troubleshoot if it is not your original project.

Also, captions are saved in the project file, and they also use preview files. You can try deleting the previews to see if this will help your problem.

If neither of those comments are helpful, please provide more information about the caption structure of your project.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately i for me, deleting the previews didnt work. But someone told me i should try this:

Click on the purple subtitle box in the timeline. Then press the alt key, then press the left button of the mouse. Then click on the purple box again and pull this to the right (the alt key needs to be still pressed all the time). By this waz a copy of the purple box will appear. I dont know why, but now another subtitle can be entered in this new purple subtitle box, and the original subtitle box doesnt change automatically any more.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. But it is not working for me. Check my interpretation of your instructions and could you post a screenshot? My individual captions on the timeline (inside the caption stream) are not purple. I'm PC; are you PC or Mac?

Click on the purple subtitle box in the timeline. [Left click, correct? Now that caption is selected in the timeline]

Then press the alt key, then press the left button of the mouse. [No visible change, and PR history does not do anything]

Then click on the purple box again and pull this to the right (the alt key needs to be still pressed all the time). [Left click with Alt, correct? Hold alt and left; drag to right? It shows the old and "new" caption, but when left is released, it moves; it does not copy]

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stan,

sorry for my late reply!

Im a PC user. The color purple for the subtitle field I mentioned is probably not quite correct, the color is rather pink like here:

Sorry i dont have access to Adobe Premiere right now, so i cannot provide a screenshot of it.

With regards to the process:

Click on the purple subtitle box in the timeline. [Left click, correct? Now that caption is selected in the timeline]

-Not the purple subtitle box but the pink one.

First do left click onto the pink field, then release. So the field is selected.

Then press the alt key and keep it pressed and then click with the right mouse button on the field.

Keep the alt key pressed but release the right mouse. Do a left mouse click and hold it pressed. So in total you have the alt key pressed and still the left mouse button pressed. Now you can pull the new field to the place yozu would like to have it.

Is this working? 

Kind regards,

Jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't look in PR right now, but I assumed (when you added "subtitle" to "caption") that you were using the captioning tool. Now I think you are not; these are graphic texts?

So your method of duplicating avoided the duplicate text issue.

Sorry for the confusion.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subtitles Im using are text, no graphics. I can edit the text just as I wish. 

And yes true, by this method described above I do not have the trouble of duplication of the text any more. So i can now write a unique subtitle text for each pink subtitle box.

Jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting your success and for clarifying!

What I meant by the shorthand "graphics" text is that several years ago, Adobe started moving aware from the "Title" workflow and called the new process "Essential Graphics." It can involve all "text." I am differentiating it from the "Captioning Tool" that creates subtitles and closed captions in a very different way than the essential graphics text system.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines