Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions Feature Breaks Premiere

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Whenever I use the captions feature, it completely breaks this software. What's bizarre is it was working perfectly a few days ago and now it won't work at all. Whenever I open the captions workspace and start editing the captions, it will be alright. Then, when I drag the captions to change the length and then try to scrub through the timeline, the preview window completely freezes, meaning I can't view my project anymore. After a few more seconds of that, the preview window will go black, and the audio of the video is the only thing that plays. The rest of the program also becomes laggy. Restarting Premiere will fix it, only for it to break again as soon as I try to use captions.

I really need this feature, and I don't have time to ditch this pos software and learn something else. I've already tried resetting cache and workspaces, restarting PC and reinstalling Premiere. Any other help would be great. I can't believe I pay money for this lmao.

PC: Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, MSI Bazooka B450M, RX5700XT 8GB.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry that you didn't get a response to your post. I do not experience this problem, and I liked the troubleshooting you did. 

The black screen and similar always suggests graphics drivers to me, and, for example, if running CUDA, changing to software only may help.

The fact that all was well until a few days ago seems very important.

I assume, just as a test, that you have created a brand new project and added elements to see if that fixes it. A corrupt project is always a possibility.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines