Captions feature is so buggy, starting to get very annoying

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the caption feature a lot for my work. I have to restart my premiere almost every 5 minutes because something is frozen or the video isn't playing because of the captions. I have a very high-end pc and none of this would happen until the new captions were introduced. For example, if I try to drag out the size of the text box it ALWAYS freezes, instantly have to restart the program. Sometimes also the text just freezes, I will be changing the text then go to the next frame, and its stuck and I have to restart. This is getting extremely annoying and tedious and it is adding so much time on my workflow 😕

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not normal behavior for most users. There are other reports of slow performance or freezes.

I filed one bug that staff could not reproduce unless they used my project file. I reset preferences and reset the captions workspace - all was well.

I would also do the clear the cache routine; that is the recommended procedure for new versions, unrelated to captions.

When you say you drag out the text box, you are referring to the text box in the Program Monitor? Can you resize it with the control in the Essential Graphics Panel, Align and Transform section?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Chris.

May we please have details of your system and media? Are you on macOS Big Sur?

Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using windows 10 home.

My pc is:

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

ryzen 3900x

nzxt kraken x62 cooler

gigabyte rtx 3070

32gb 3200 memory

1tb nvme ssd

and I edit off of portable samsung 1tb ssd

Media is 4k footage shot on sony z90

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines