• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions in multiple languages - duplicated captions not editable

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to produce several different versions of a video with captions in multiple langauges. 

I have created a bin and dupliated the original English captions ready to copy and paste the other langauges into the same timings:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 15.16.39.png

When I try and edit the text in the new duplicated caption file, they do not appear on the sequence. Only edits to the original caption file appear on the sequence: 

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 15.25.01.png

Is there a way to fix this?

Cheers 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using PR, do not use "duplicate." This is a known issue. I have found that, while you can get the changes to appear in the monitor, the 2 streams are not independent - changes in the duplicate may show up in the original.

After you make stream one (e.g. English), export as srt (ensure the name is different than any other imports), then reimport. Any thing other than basic styling will not come through correctly, so if you have important styling/positioning, this requires more planning.

Consider creating the multiple streams with a third party program, for example, SubtitleEdit, which will do translations.

If this does not make sense, let us know, and we'll provide more specifics.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines