Highlighted

Captions not visible in preview when playing video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem:

Captions in my project won't preview when I play the project. However, I can see them in the preview on pause.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.22.52 PM.png    Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.24.57 PM.png

Sequence Settings:

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.19.01 PM.png

The Exception:

The captions become visible if I change the sequence settings from 640x640 to 3840x3840 or larger.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.10.50 PM.png    Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.31.46 PM.png

The exact aspect ratio that the video preview works, 3840x3840, must have something to do with how I made the sequence: Originally, the contents of this sequence timeline where coppied from another sequence timeline and pasted right into this one. That first sequence was set to 3840x3840. The new sequence is 640x640.

Once the contents were in my new 640x640 sequence timeline, I adjusted the sizes of all the components(the video, text, captions, emoji, loading bar) so they'd fit the new sequence frame. They are all visible in paused preview, but the captions do not show when the preview is playing.

What's going on? Why does this happen? How can I see the captions in my preview when playing?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captions not visible in preview when playing video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem:

Captions in my project won't preview when I play the project. However, I can see them in the preview on pause.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.22.52 PM.png    Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.24.57 PM.png

Sequence Settings:

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.19.01 PM.png

The Exception:

The captions become visible if I change the sequence settings from 640x640 to 3840x3840 or larger.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.10.50 PM.png    Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.31.46 PM.png

The exact aspect ratio that the video preview works, 3840x3840, must have something to do with how I made the sequence: Originally, the contents of this sequence timeline where coppied from another sequence timeline and pasted right into this one. That first sequence was set to 3840x3840. The new sequence is 640x640.

Once the contents were in my new 640x640 sequence timeline, I adjusted the sizes of all the components(the video, text, captions, emoji, loading bar) so they'd fit the new sequence frame. They are all visible in paused preview, but the captions do not show when the preview is playing.

What's going on? Why does this happen? How can I see the captions in my preview when playing?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the Captioning Feature? I have not seen this variety of captions not showing. It is critical that the caption stream pixel size match the sequence. Right click on the caption stream in the Project Panel, Modify -> Captions and check the size.

If that is not it, I wonder if setting the playback resolution (Program Monitor, Wrench Icon) too low could create this.

Do you see the captions on export?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank this sort of worked: 

Right click on the captions in the project panel. Modify->Captions-> then change the width and height in video settings

But something is still wrong, I'll update this in a bit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually It worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Stan Jones, I had the same problem, I couldn't see my subtitles until I paused, I had my monitor set to 1/2 resolution, onece I switched to Full, I can now see the subtitles during playback and pause. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it worked. Thanks for reporting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0