Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions produces a slashed zero in my font

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using a font called Moderat in captions and the zero appears with a slash through it. There's no slash in the legacy titler or essential graphics when using the font. Any ideas on how I might get rid of the slash?

Version is the Premiero Pro CC 14.7 

Thanks in advance 

David

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using standard captions or Open Captions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying. I should have said. Open captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one quick way to check fonts is using something like character map in windows. Mac might have something similar. fonts are ascii code and standardized but 'mapped' to specific characters which changes with various font designs... ( people actually make fonts, not computers ).

this is what character map looks like for windows... now look at the letter or character you are using that is your concern... does it look the way you want or not ???

ultimately you use fonts that are designed the way you want ...and you can't always rely simply on what a program shows you ( how it interprets a character of that particular font ).

character map.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a free font, and I don't have it, so can't test. But I don't doubt your results.

This is odd, since it is read "correctly" by Essential Graphics. I put correctly in quotes, because their character set is HUGE, and includes regular and slash zeroes. Rod may be onto something if you can enter a code to map the character for your Caption tool entry. If you are on windows, look at the character map for the font, and see what one of the regular codes is. But, since regular text and the legacy titler read it correctly, I suspect the Caption tool is reading it "wrong." And you'd migh never find the code that would trick it.

The more typical problem is that the Caption tool either does not see a font (that can be used with regular text) or does not recognize a special character, and substitutes the ubiquitous empty box.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines