• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions Scale size editing

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I am having this issue when editing my captions for my video. Thing is that I have manage to edit text in my video and allow the text scale to change in different frames for example I type in the word "Test" so by default the scaling is 100 so I move forward 4 frames and change it to 120 and then moving another 3 frames and change it to 115. By doing this I manage to get a "Pop" effect for my captions, but the thing is that I don't want to manually do it word by word as it takes a lot of time so I was hoping to find a way to apply this "Pop" effect onto the captions that I have imported in (srt format) so if anyone has any ideas or workaround for this to work i will greatly appreciate it as it means a lot for my work and I am going crazy soon trying to figure a way 😄 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Captions (as in imported srt; the "caption tool") were not designed for this. You can test it by using the Effect Controls as you are doing. You can cut up the caption stream, then copy/paste the motion/scale effect. I would set the scale so it finishes at 100%; you may get quality issues even at that.

If you don't have a long video, I would do it with graphics text. The quality will be better.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captions (as in imported srt; the "caption tool") were not designed for this. You can test it by using the Effect Controls as you are doing. You can cut up the caption stream, then copy/paste the motion/scale effect. I would set the scale so it finishes at 100%; you may get quality issues even at that.

If you don't have a long video, I would do it with graphics text. The quality will be better.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well in that case I guess I can only do it with graphics text. Thank you so much for your help and advice 🙂👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines