• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions timing from embedded file

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played out a file from KIPRO Rack with captions and recorded to computer using AJA Control Room.

That file has embedded captions.  When I import the file into Premiere, captions start at beginning of file. But audio doesn't start for 5 minutes.  The file plays with caption in sync using VLC.

why does this happen and how do I fix?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captions are complicated. PR must interpret the import, and creates a cache file upon an embed import. If it finds problems, it will default or skip particular captions.

I just tested in PR 2014.3.2, exported a simple 608 caption stream embedded in mxf op1a. It reimports with the caption timing correct.

What type of caption stream are you embedding?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

708 captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Test works with 708 also.

These are simple test files, so not useful for subtle sync issues. But the caption starts at the nonzero point I had in the project.

First, create a simple test sequence similar to your import. Set the caption at the same point; doesn't matter whether in sync with the actual audio. Just not the timecode. Export as mxf op1a with embed, and reimport. That may tell us whether it is a mismatch of some type between the exporting system and PR's import.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines