• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add captions to a short video but don't know if my version has the ability.  I'm using Premiere Pro CS6 V6.0.5.  The button editor on the program window has a captions option, but the source window does not.  Since I've never used or generated captions before I don't know if I need a separate piece of software or if it is contained within my Adobe program.  Since this video will be only about 60 sec., I don't want to spend money on software I'll likely never use again.  What should I do, and where should I go to solve my problem?  Tom Barber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

In CS6 you can only import closed captions not make them.

If you want so-called burned in captions you can make then with the Titler.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6 you can only import closed captions not make them.

If you want so-called burned in captions you can make then with the Titler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann says, in CS6 (as of CS5.5), you could only attach an externally prepared closed caption file. You cannot edit it, or it appears export it. (I have not tested exporting.)

The caption button in the program monitor just toggles the "enable caption display" that is also located in the wrench/settings icon.

What is you goal for the captions: burned in, embedded, separate srt or similar file for youtube?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  This project is only meant to deliver a digitized 45 sec. recording of the voice of a parent to their grandchildren.  The original recording was on 1/4" tape and probably unaccessable to them.  It was made in 1958 so it is an attempt to preserve family memories.  The original recording was in Dutch and I wanted to accompany the video with an English translation. The grandfather had a speech cadence approx. twice normal and I thought captioning software might better help me sync the translation to the actual spoken word.  Guess I'll just muddle along. Tom Barber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just use the titler and burn in. You can turn off the track the titles are on to create a version without the titles if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used to import srt file in to premier and burn in to the video. But the problem was text is not high quality when exported the video. Now I'm using Source text feature to add captions. It gives clean and crisp text look on social media videos.

You can lean more about source text workflow from this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkYniUDyFgg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines