Highlighted

Captions

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to export my captions with my video. when i click export it doesn't allow me to do anything with the captions tab when exporting files. I have my format at H.264.

DistantBubble,

According to this image you're trying to export your SOURCE CLIP, and not your SEQUENCE. I'm guessing your source clip doesn't have embedded captions and thus why the captions are not selectable.

Make sure your sequence is the Active Panel when going to Export Media, or right-click Export Media your sequence specifically.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Captions

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to export my captions with my video. when i click export it doesn't allow me to do anything with the captions tab when exporting files. I have my format at H.264.

DistantBubble,

According to this image you're trying to export your SOURCE CLIP, and not your SEQUENCE. I'm guessing your source clip doesn't have embedded captions and thus why the captions are not selectable.

Make sure your sequence is the Active Panel when going to Export Media, or right-click Export Media your sequence specifically.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version of Premiere Pro?

H.264 allows burn in or sidecar only.

Stan 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere pro 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 1
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number of 2020?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i find that out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 1
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info...

Help -> About for the specific version. 

What type of Caption stream?

A screenshot of the Caption Panel and Timeline would help. 

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG20200621075459[1].jpg

I am using open captions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 1
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DistantBubble,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great catch. I knew something looked funny in that export setting, but I did not see it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all you help as well Mr Jones

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now a screenshot of the Caption Panel and the Timeline. The only way I can get what you are seeing is to have no caption stream or to turn off the track the captions are on.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG20200622223912[1].jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see nothing that would explain not getting an option for caption export.

Reset prferences, workspaces? Reinstall?

You have not included the Caption Panel, I can't imagine what is wrong.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find I need to select the Sequence in the Project panel, then go to File > Export > Captions. If I have the timeline forward, Captions is grayed out. I have not found how to export Captions any other way!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0