Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture device compatible with Adobe Premieer

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so unsure if this has been previously answered.

I'm looking to purchase a capture device that will allow me to capture a HDMI source directly into Adobe Premiere (CC 19).

I am using a 2015 MacBook Pro with USB and Thunderbolt 2.0.

I have previously purchased the Elgato Cam Link, which does not work. Currently looking at Black Magic, Startech etc but research so far has proven inconclusive.

Cheers,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot capture with Premiere.

The only capture you can do is over firewire which was designed for tape cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this true? I could capture from my minidvcam at least 15 years ago, and Adobe have not updated their capture protocols/compatibility to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens,

You comment it incorrect. Adobe Premiere Pro works with more 3rd party hardware than any other NLE. That being said in 2020 there is not much to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Intensity Shuttle will work but they are no longer made. You will probably have to buy one on ebay. The video link below might be worth watching.

https://youtu.be/PTQYJKQpazk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines