• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture: device offline / no device control (Sony hi8 tape)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am trying to digitalize recorded video tapes from an old handicap (Sony video Hi8 Handycam CCD-TR825E).

I once bought a package with all sorts of cables (from usb to S-VHS). It is connected with my Mac, but it doesn't recognize the camera. So Premiere Pro also doesn't recognize it and says Device Offline or No Device Control.

Is it because of the cables, the device or can I try something with software? I also checked the menu options in the device but nothing much to change over there...

But I am absolutely not an expert as you may notice.

Can someone help me? Perhaps no Mac but trying another device?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

If this is an analog camera you need a hardware converter (dont know how this works on a mac. I am windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only capture from a camera with firewire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is an analog camera you need a hardware converter (dont know how this works on a mac. I am windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hardware converter... but will try it as well on a Windows device then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us your set up.

What hardware converter are you using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i too have have the same issue.

I'm using a Sony CCD-TR425E PAL camcorder with a Honestech MyVid Box connect via USB to a WIndows 10 laptop.  Premier Pro says "Capture Device Offline" when i try to use it to capture the video from the camera.  The Box works as i can capture the video via that box but, the file sizes are too big to import into PP so was trying to get it to capture the video and cut the footage into managable file sizes. 

Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avi files are 13 gig for 1 hour which is a standard size.

Might want to turn on Scene Detection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas why Prem Pro can't see the capture device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can only capture over firewire. Is the camera connected with firewire to myvid box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's via the composite cables (Red, Yellow & White) and the MyVidBox is connected to the PC/laptop via USB.  Will Adobe software only work with FireWire connections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via firewire is the normal way of capturing tapes.

But it the box captures but no preview or scene detection so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro can only capture from a USB device if the manufacture has written drivers for Premeire Pro. Firewire devices do not require drivers although the new version of Mac OS X will not dedect Firewire devices. On a side note the cheap USB capture devices can be a pain in the butt. The video below might be worth watching.

https://youtu.be/dVLUxRkPMdA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines