Highlighted

Capture from Mini dv problem

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I need to capture material in the old mini dv system from Camcorder. Since when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, my old firewire card doesn`t work. If I go in "Device Manager" I see that PCMCIA has the warning sign on it. I update the driver but nothing changes. 

What you suggest me to do? Thanks everybody

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Capture from Mini dv problem

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I need to capture material in the old mini dv system from Camcorder. Since when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, my old firewire card doesn`t work. If I go in "Device Manager" I see that PCMCIA has the warning sign on it. I update the driver but nothing changes. 

What you suggest me to do? Thanks everybody

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the driver from the manufacturer of your laptop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to use the Legacy Driver:

https://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Firewire-1.htm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or get something like blackmagic intensity shuttle to capture via the video output of the camcorder...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0