• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture window not showing video during capture

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is effecting CC2017, CC2018, CC2019, CC2019.1. When i try to capture I get no display in the capture window however it does capture video and audio. This issue only happens with WIndows 10 not Windows 7. What i have done is remove the drivers for my nvidia gtx970, re-installed still same issue, have re-installed premiere but still did not fix the issue. It worked originally but when ever I moved the capture window thats when I lost preview. Have also disabled video preview in settings which gives me a black screen but when I turn it back on goes back to nothing just a gray window (see Photo)Capture window.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use these programs for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU Peru Bob!!!!  I used the Win dv program and it works great on my x64 win 10 machine...  I have had this same issue with PP for over a year - it comes and goes - and the Adobe support can not fix it. I at least now have a work around.. Thanks Again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Updated GTX drivers to latest as of today. Done reboots, installed Prem Pro again. Still nothing.

If I discover anything I will let you know. I agree, it is most frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do but so far no solution other than using the software that Peru Bob sugested. I have now got a dual boot system and I'm using windows 7 for capture in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just magical fixed this and I wanted others to try it.

If I use remote desktop to connect to the machine I could see the playback in Premiere 2017. When I logged back into the PC locally, I saw a flash of the video and it was gone again. I opened a remote desktop session with the same user and opened Premiere 2019 and could see the playback. I logged back in locally to that PC and the preview was working again and I haven't had the blank preview issue since. It has only been an hour but I have tested a few tapes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here.. I moved my capture screen yesterday and preview gone...  A small program written in 2003 (Win DV) works great on my Win 10 x64 multi core 3 screen system, yet Adobe can not fix this issue...  ughhhhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with Windows 10.  Don't want to use an external capture program, that's not what we pay for in our monthly subscription. 

Adobe doesn't seem to care about the thousands of hours of HDV footage out there. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I also have the same problem and have done for several years now.  It is utterly ridiculous that a tiny free piece of software can produce far better results that the ridiculously expensive Adobe products that cost an absolute fortune and consistantly, year after year, fail to deliver what they advertise.  This is just one the many long-term issues that Premiere has and has never been fixed.  You're also quite correct Jay.  Whilst I haven't shot on DV tape for many years, we do have a large archive of it and we do still need a means of being able to access and convert that material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with Adobe tech support twice. The first technician helping me insisted it should work and spent 45 minutes trying different settings to view the capture window. After 45 inutes, I had to move on and called back a couple of days later and talked to a second technician.

The second technician indicated this feature will no longer be supported by Adobe. I am using a separate monitor connected to my HDMI output of my deck to preview capture.

Once I break free of archived HDV, I'm going to try moving to DaVinci Resolve. No need to make Adobe any richer if they can't support this one little task.

Incidentally, I never could get HDV Split to function on my machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Davinci Resolve.  This program only supports capturing video with a Blackmagic Design capture device.  It won't capture using firewire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it will allow you to import captured files from HDVSplit and WinDV and it's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older post, I know, but, many people still have trouble with the DV Capture Preview Window showing black/blank for no apparent reason. Here's how I resolved mine - I uninstalled the newer / latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro 14 dot whatever.  Then made sure all traces of the software were removed from my computer - using CC Cleaner or similar app that can remove ALL traces of any app on the computer.  And, not sure if it mattered, but, I also went though my Windows Registry "regedit" and removed all traces of "Adobe Premiere".    THEN, reset my computer's Bios to Factory Defaults.  Restart computer. THEN install an older 13 dot whatever version of Premiere Pro from the Adobe Creative Cloud. Make sure ALL AUTO UPDATES are DISABLED for Adobe apps.   Now the Adobe DV / HDV Capture Preview display shows normally.  Still using my Display Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super".  Yep, it's total BS to have to do this - but if fixed mine - for now.   I "ain't paying no" $20/month to Adobe for their stuff not to work.  SO, I fixed it myself.  Because Adobe Inc obviously does not care if their stuff works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely sucks for the amount of money you pay per year, and it can't do basic functions and there's no way of fixing it.  Premiere is an absolute mess and I have spent more time than I care to recall to get it to capture & play footage externally.  Yet, a 200kb program make 17 years ago still works a treat.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought i'd add my tuppence worth into the convo as well. I tried to capture many hours of old mini dv footage. I tried premiere 2020 saw nothing in capture window. Did nothing other than turn program off and go back to premiere 2018 and it just worked. SO what did they take out to not let previous footage be displayed in 2018 and not in 2020 versions, admittedly i haven't tried 2019 premiere to see if that works yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have loaded about 180 hours of DV (Hi8 and Dig 8 and MiniDV in the last 2 months on 3 machines) Today, I had Acrobat Full version open on one of the computers.  As the machine was digitizing I moved the PDF over the Capture screen, for moments, I moved the PDF out of the way, and POOF, my preview screen went dark. What the heck Adobe, why this happen??  So annoying!  I have re booted etc, but not done the reinstall game yet.

Any tips??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines