• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing DV into 2013 IMAC with Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this with and without the camera connected, everytime time I select the "Capture Settings" - the entire program crashes.   I'm using a thunderbolt miniDV firewire cable into the Mac.   I've been able to pull up the device in the past on Final Cut and still on IMovie.   I'm using a DVX100A as a deck and need to capture mulitiple DV tapes, but I can't even get to the settings without a crash.    3412a7cf-7474-4d13-b1e7-c68a8d835c0f.jpg

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro should not crash. Having said that several people have stated the latest version of OS X does not support the IEEE Firewire OHCI port. An older version of OS X should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've just shared my screen with an Abode tech and indeed, the program crashed.    I do not have the latest OS for that very reason.    I've exprienced this is in the past with other programs so I'm slow to update for these reasons.   I just uninstalled Premiere, relocated all my documents to be accessible only their the desktop (not the cloud), then REINSTALLED...and yet, it still displays this error and crashes.    My computer has also sent dozens of these reports to your technical support team with email attached, no reply.   As mentioned above, I get that notification without using FIREWIRE.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what OS are you running?  I recently captured via firewire from a sony minidv handycam to a 2012 macbookpro that's using high sierra without issues.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS High Seirra.    I just spoke with another support tech who said to reinstall an older version of Premiere Instead of 14.5.   Does anyone have any experience with that?    Again, this is happen when I select the "Capture Settings" tab.   The entire program crashes.     You've given me a little hope.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope is good.  I'm not sure which version of premiere I was using but I'd guess 2019 (which I'm pretty sure is still available for download in the creative cloud app).    I'm pretty sure I chose that version since I'd read about issues with firewire, etc and figured it was probably smarter to start with 2019.  I still have fcp7 installed on the macbookpro and it runs, but could not get it to capture via firewire...  Let us know if this doesn't work and we can see what else we can come up with.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved.   Reinstalled 2019 Premiere Pro.    Capturing of Camera Directly.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad you worked things out and thanks for closing the thread.  Not enough people do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines