• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing HDMI source in Premiere on MacMini 2018 -- HOW? Please help.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so Im working on a 2018 Mac Mini (available ports: two USB, one HDMI, four Thunderbolt 3, and one ethernet) and want to capture video from an HDMI source.

How do I accomplish this?

Suppose I take my source (hdmi) and convert it to Component using an hdmi to component cable, and attach another conversion cable, Component back to hdmi. Would such a configuration allow capturing my source while bypassing HDCP encryption?

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

You'll want to get something like an AJA U-Tap, Magewell HDMI, or Blackmagic UltraStudio Recorder capture device that bridges between your HDMI signal and your computer input. They are easy to use and do a good job. For bypassing HDCP you're on your own. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to get something like an AJA U-Tap, Magewell HDMI, or Blackmagic UltraStudio Recorder capture device that bridges between your HDMI signal and your computer input. They are easy to use and do a good job. For bypassing HDCP you're on your own. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SJ,

Trying to defeat piracy protection would not be the aim of this forum. We can't really discuss that there. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines