• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 (14.0.1) UI lagging/freezing

Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone encountered a behavior (new to me in 2020) where when in the normal course of editing, the UI freezes and won't accept input for 1 or 2 seconds, and then unfreezes? Playback continues just fine during the freeze, you just cannot, say, stop playback, or add an edit or really do anything.

Happens maybe once every 30 seconds to a minute and it's maddening. I've tried trashing my prefs, but no luck.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to roll back the graphics driver yet (for what it's worth, i'm on OSX High Sierra w/ 64 GB Ram and using a Radeon Pro 580 w/ 8 GB RAM), but here's a list of things that DON'T work:

• trashing prefs
  • changing from mercury to Open CL to software
  • playing in low res
  • sacrificing live animals
  • not running any program except Premiere
  • resetting workspaces

I've noticed with the help of a stopwatch that this 'freeze' happens roughly every 30 seconds, give or take a couple seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try creating a new user account in system preferences:  users and groups with administrative privileges and sign in to that account and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure if Im having the same problem with you, but
mine is,

1. Sometimes theres a delay when I hit spacebar to play (probably 1 sec)
2. When fast forward by pressing L twice and need to mark In by pressing I while its playing... nothing happenned but 2 seconds after that its marked.

3. And yes sometimes wont accept any input commands in 1 or 2 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I've totally experienced that one before, but not currently getting it, so it feels like they're unrlelated to me.

2. Never got that one before, when it places the in point does it place it where the playhead was when you originally pressed the button, or where the playhead is two seconds later?

3. That's my issue. I set up a macro that adds a marker every quarter second for 10 minutes. Even though it looks solid, those are all individual markers in there, just a ton of them, and if you look at the little notches there, you can see where premiere stopped accepting any input. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.12.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, has anyone found a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check out the drives where your media is stored.

Is it a fast drive with a fast connection?

Is it nearly full?

Is it heavily fragmented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checkin in Jeff, the problem eventually went away with one of the updates. I can't recall which one as it's been awhile, but to my knowledge, it seemed unrelated to drive issues as it was a network drive that other computers were accessing just fine at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines