• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 (still) SUPER LAGGY

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Adobe, this is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

I have a state of the art Windows PC, details below.

Just updated to Premiere 14.3.2 and I can't even play 4k video because the timeline controls are lagging so much it's impossible to edit at speed.

More specifically, when I tap the keyboard controls (play, rewind, stop, etc), it's taking up to FIVE SECONDS for the timeline scrubber to catch up. And this is playing at ¼ resolution.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK LIKE THIS!

I see this is not a new issue as the locked post "CC 2020 SUPER LAGGY" has 7 pages of people complaining about the same problem. And I can't believe that this is now classed as 'solved'.

I swear, if there was an option to revert to CS6 I’d be using this all day long.

PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY

(i9-7940X CPU @ 3.10GHz; 128GB RAM; 1TB Samsung SSD 970 PRO for scratch disks; 1TB Samsung SSD 970 PRO for programme files)

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on both my editing systems: my MBP (15"2019 32GB RAM Radeon Pro Vega 20) & my PC workstation i9-7900X 1080ti GPU 64GB. 

My fault for leaving auto-update on, I'm rolling back to a previous version to try and find something that works. I'm getting pretty tired of this endless beta software model. 

For the OP, go to your CC app and click on the elipses next to the OPEN icon for PP. Select "other versions" and select 14.3.2. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, roll back to an earlier version you weren't having problems with, I'm having issues with 14.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think I found a solution to this.

Problem: Premiere 2020 was only using (and maxing out) two of 28 logical processors.

Solution: On the Nvidia Control Panel you have to switch make sure Thread Optimisation is on, both in global and programme settings.

If only the Adobe expert I talked to knew that I could have saved myself and my colleagues hours as we pointlessly reinstalled Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines