• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 SUPER LAGGY

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do work in premiere 2020 and its super laggy i cant even edit a video because it was so laggy, is anyone else having these issues?!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Sam,

I had previously warned other users about mismatching the relative performance of the GPU with regards to that of the CPU. Many of the users that I responded to - and I am currently guilty of that myself - combined a relatively powerful CPU with a relative weakling of a GPU. Your system is clearly the opposite: That GPU is clearly overqualified for the CPU that you're using. Premiere Pro really works best when the relative performances of both the CPU and the GPU are closely matched. Howeve

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. After updating 2020 is completely unusable for me. i7-9700k, 32GB RAM, 2080 Ti. Latest version of both windows and NVIDIA drivers. I've also completely uninstalled and then reinstalled. I've even gone as far as using the CC cleaner tool to completely remove everything from my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn dude this sucks! Somehow my 2019 version is still on my computer and i can edit out of it and everything works so if you can still get in 2019 version then you should be good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam,

I had previously warned other users about mismatching the relative performance of the GPU with regards to that of the CPU. Many of the users that I responded to - and I am currently guilty of that myself - combined a relatively powerful CPU with a relative weakling of a GPU. Your system is clearly the opposite: That GPU is clearly overqualified for the CPU that you're using. Premiere Pro really works best when the relative performances of both the CPU and the GPU are closely matched. However, that RTX 2080 Ti significantly outperforms that i7-9700K, making that build just a waste of money as configured.

Still, that does not explain the fact that Premiere Pro itself could have been better-engineered than the half-baked agglomeration that it currently is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, I have very similar specs and am experiencing horrible lag while editing a single file (which I used to do no problem) it's Premiere, idk what happened at the end of 2019 but they dropped the ball in a major way and their software is unusable at the current time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shanesmane,

We're sorry about this. We would need more info to troubleshoot the issue properly. Please provide the system specifications (OS, CPU, GPU and RAM). Also, let us know the type of media files that you are working with (format/codec, frame rate and frame size) and the effects applied. We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same lag issues with the new PP 2020 version on a Windows 10, Xeon ES-1620, 16GB RAM, QUADRO K2000 with a project of 1920x1080 30 FPS MPEG4 clips. Occasionally it is so bad that the mouse pointer freezes on the desktop for 15 seconds. In addition to lag issues, the footage displayed in the program monitor occasionally disparears. I have to shut down PP and restart in order to see anything in that monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problems including the freezing mouse, but not the footage disappearing from the program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! Was editng a project just fine in the 2019 version, now I can't even scrub the timeline in the 2020 version. I'm on a iMacPro base model running OS10.14.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, turning off wifi and disconnecting from the internet fixed the problem. I was having issues with the 2019 version as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some testing and noticed a difference during editing if I changed the Renderer setting from the GPU to the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only setting. I have less lag and the monitor is able to show display the video being edited. If I switch back to GPU, the problems immediately return. And I also noticed that the lag and disappearing monitor problem does not start immediately, but only after a few minutes as if the GPU memory is being filled to the point that it can't update PP 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS- Moajve i7 quad core processor, 16GB RAM, Im working with mov. files from iphones and mp4 files from gopro. please fix this ASAP i have work i need to do and can't do it because its so laggy i cant even edit my videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any resolution to this? I can't even scrub the timeline without serious lag. I'm editing a project (that worked just fine in the 2019 version) and am having serious issues just with playback, let alone trying to make edits. I did try turning off wifi and changing to OPEN CL, and those seemed to help a little, but for the most part this update has made the software unusable.

I'm on a iMacPro base model running OS10.14.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 pro, ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 2080s, 64 GB RAM.

The file is Full HD 23.976 fps MPEG.

The playback  is extremely laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get the 2018 version, the 2019 and 2020 are rubbish, I lost so much money since last year... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need is Avid or Blackmagic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just bought a brand new Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop, because I had lag issues in the preview-playback with my other laptop Lenovo Y700..

But guess what, still the same lag issue in Premiere 2020. Even with no effects or overlays on the clips. Regular mp4 and mov-files in 1080p resolution. Doesn't matter if I turn down the playback quality to 1/2 or 1/4, still getting laggy after a short while playback. Looks like small "freeze-frames" or jumping over some frames. And same issue if I'm editing from internal SSD-disk or my external SSD.. Very frustrating. Any solutions for this?

My computer specs:
Lenovo Legion Y540-17ISK

CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H @ 2,60 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB

Thanks for reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues, very very frustrating. It makes editing practically impossible. I have a new system: Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 2070 Super FE, 32GB RAM, all drivers and Windows are up to date. I work with Sony footage (A7sii/A7iii) in 1080p and 4k in various frame rates. I work in PP20. I need a proper fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Win 10

i7 7700k

32gb Ram

NVIDIA GTX 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. Simple tasks like clicking a clip and waiting for it to highlight, nudging and trimming clips in timeline, etc. There's about a full second delay.

My specs:

late 2015 iMac Retina 5K, 27-in

4 GHz intel core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was only a second. I have no preview of videofiles (simple .mov files, nothing fancy) and it's lagging so hard it's absolutely unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are we going to do?! Adobe still hasn't fixed it, and i really dont want to go to final cut. I havent upgraded to catlina i wonder if that would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had contact with Adobe's customer service and they told me to do the following (on Windows).

• First, end all Adobe programs via Task Manager (I ended everything with Adobe or CC in it).
  • Then press Windows + R, type "appdata" and go to the folder Roaming > Adobe, change the folder Premiere Pro to Premiere Pro.old.
  • Delete the folders Media Cache (AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache) and Media Cache Files (AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files)
  • Now go to This Computer > Documents > Adobe and change the folder Premiere Pro to Premiere Pro.old.
  • Open PP, create a new project and name it Test (or whatever). Now go to Project Settings > General > Renderer and choose Software Only.

I know PP is now not using the video card, but I did get a smooth playback. After setting the Renderer back to CUDA I did not notice any dropped frames. I do have to say I did not test this for very long, but for the time being it worked for me. Try it and don't forget to delete the old folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried it and it seems to be helping however only time will tell. I also deleted all files in the Media Cache folders as well:

AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache

AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I forgot those. That was also part of their solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines